Nspiregreen LLC is a sustainability firm located in Washington, DC that provides consulting in the following service areas: environmental solutions, transportation planning and public involvement and outreach for civil infrastructure projects.
Position: Environmental Engineer with 1-5 years of experience
Location: District of Columbia Residents Preferred
Roles and Responsibilities:
Nspiregreen is seeking an Environmental Engineer to focus on the District of Columbia’s Stormwater Management Plan (Consolidated Total Maximum Daily Load Implementation Plan). This position will consist of full time technical support with some stakeholder coordination. At the conclusion of this project, the Environmental Engineer may also work on other technical storm water, solid waste management and planning projects within Nspiregreen.
This position requires the candidate to perform well in a fast paced team oriented environment. Our planners and engineers work closely together to develop sound approaches for addressing our clients’ problems. Responsibilities include data management and analysis, development of inputs for models, and interpretation and presentation of results.
Nspiregreen emphasizes collaborative learning, advanced training, and professional leadership, providing team members with the tools and work environment needed to chart their career paths. Opportunities abound for increased responsibilities and professional growth.
The engineer will provide support for a variety of interesting and innovative projects in Nspiregreen’s service areas, which includes but is not limited to:
- Environmental consulting on storm water, solid waste, construction and environmental planning projects
- Public Outreach for civil infrastructure projects
· Experience working with multidisciplinary engineering teams and contractors/construction managers is ideal.
- Discussing requirements/ deliverables with the client and other professionals
- Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to projects
- Preparing bids for tenders, and reporting to clients, public agencies and planning bodies
- Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each phase of a project
Experience or familiarities with the following are a plus:
- Watershed assessments
- Geographic Information Systems
- Watershed restoration planning and design
- Stormwater management, planning, and design
- Green infrastructure and stormwater control measure design
- Work with multidisciplinary engineering teams
- BS, MS or MSE in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited university program is required. DC Residents preferred.
- 1-5 years relevant work experience is preferred. Training/experience in data management and analysis, modeling, restoration, or other area is desirable.
- EIT or PE desired but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are strong analytical and computational abilities.
· The ability to multi-task and work as part of a team is also required. Software requirements: MS Office, GIS, Wordpress, Social Media programs (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, etc),. General knowledge of the District of Columbia is preferred.
Please send the following to email@example.com: Resume and Cover letter. References – Please provide contact information (name, organization, email, and phone number) for three (3) references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. This deadline has been extended to 5:00pm, September 13, 2013.
Compensation: Nspiregreen offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits to qualified employees including: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage; paid holidays and vacations; the opportunity to telework each week and other perks for company and individual performance. Nspiregreen is an equal opportunity employer.